660. Scaling Up By Putting Heart Behind Her Hustle
As a young girl in Poland, Kamila was into Japanese comics and art classes. But when she discovered the internet at age 12, she knew she wanted to put her creativity there. Exactly how she would do that, make money, and enjoy her work was the challenge.
Kamila Gornia, founder of the Heart Behind Hustle® brand, is a business and marketing strategist for coaches and experts who want to amplify their income and impact with scalable offers, while having fun in the process. She is on a mission to help other passionate, driven entrepreneurs spread their unique message to a broader audience with online marketing. Or, as she calls it, blow up and scale up. Recently she’s packaged her tried-and-true strategies with coaching services and e-courses to help small businesses grow their fans, followers and funds.
How Did You Start Using Your Talents?
As a child growing up in a small town in Poland, Kamila expressed her creativity through the Japanese comic form of Manga and Anime. With her first exposure to the online world, via dial-up access, she became interested in online marketing. “I saw marketing as a creative endeavor for me.”
The Most Impactful Turning Point?
“After working in digital media several years, I really dug into marketing. I realized it came easily to me because of the way I was thinking of it…from a creative approach.” For a while, she doubted anyone would pay her to coach them in marketing, but changing that mindset opened doors into her current career.
The Most Powerful Lessons Learned?
“I think it is important to find a way you can make money doing something you enjoy, even if it is just starting a venture on the side and then slowly moving in that direction. That is what I did. I did not just quit my job. I started my business on the side. But I always pursued things that would excite me and let me love what I am doing.”
Steps to Success from Kamila Gornia
1. Allow yourself to really think and feel your way into what you truly want to do.
2. Try on the ideas that interest you by having side hustles and gigs. It’s a lower-risk way of testing your ideas before plunging in and working without a net.
3. Find something that will support you financially as you move toward your true desires. Failures do happen, so have a Plan B.
4. Be open to using coaches and mentors.
5. Don’t let fear of failure hold you in a job you hate. Make practical plans to give you a base for success or setbacks.
Connecting With Kamila Gornia
YouTube Channel: Heart Behind Hustle TV
Quiz for entrepreneurs about what makes you different and memorable as an authority online. Go to: heartbehindhustle.com/discoveryourtalent
Subscribe to the Podcast Free:
Topics: Enjoy your career, Side Hustle