886. My Purpose in Life Is to Ensure That No Child Has to Go Through What I Did
“When I was 12 years old my mother died of cancer. I didn’t realize it until years later, but the tragedy of losing my mother was actually my greatest gift: My mother gave me a story that could inspire others and a mind that could find the answers the world was literally dying to know. My purpose in life is to ensure that no child has to go through what I did, ever again.”
Mark Sloan has published a number of books including the six time number one international bestseller Red Light Therapy: Miracle Medicine and two monumental works on cancer called The Cancer Industry, and Cancer: The Metabolic Disease Unravelled, both of which include a combined total of over 2400 scientific and clinical references. Never before has the root cause of cancer been so well documented and easy to understand. Mark has been researching health for over 15 years and has many unique evidence-based insights to share with the world. His website is EndAllDisease.com. He believes the goal of ending all diseases is not only possible, but it’s only a matter of time before his message becomes universally known throughout the world.
The Most Impactful Turning Point?
“I trained as a firefighter and worked in the field for a handful of years when an opportunity with a work-exchange program in Costa Rica came up. While I enjoyed many aspects of the occupation of firefighting, I knew there was something better for me. The two months in that program gave me some time to reflect on how to best use my talents for myself and the world at large. I had a website for a long time and shared my knowledge by writing articles, but the more I reflected on my life, I realized that my mother’s death was the catalyst that gave my life purpose. Her tragic death from cancer when I was only 12 years old gave me a story to tell that would inspire others. She also gave me a mind that could find the answers to questions about this disease that I had been researching for several years that the world was literally dying to know. I began writing my first book on cancer.”
The Most Powerful Lessons and Experiences?
1. My dad had a good job as manager of a sporting goods store, but he realized he wanted something better. So he risked everything and started his own shoe distribution company from scratch. He put in endless hours working on his own at first until he gradually built a base of clients, added staff, and fast forward to today and his business is thriving.
2. School bored me until in grade school the teacher assigned projects that you could work on outside of the classroom that were outside of the typical curriculum—more creative if you will. I created a project on poison dart frogs that was so outside the box of what my fellow students did—according to my teacher—that I realized I had a talent that was unique, even at that young age.
3. My mother’s cancer had been treated with radiation therapy and later with chemotherapy when the radiation was not effective. When I began my deep dive into the science behind cancer, referencing over 2,500 scientific and clinical studies for my books, it finally became clear to me that cancer is not genetic, it is metabolic and can be reversed.
4. A German scientist, Otto Warburg, who won two Nobel prizes for the research he did in the late 1920’s found that cancer was a cell with damaged mitochondria and just by knocking out one of the enzymes critical for energy production within that cell, that can cause the damage and turn the cell “cancerous.”
5. It takes courage to do what you were put here to do. In my experience the key to opening yourself up, the finding that purpose, is giving your mind and soul the time and, honestly, silence to listen to the answers that have been inside of you all along.
On His Bookshelf
Red Light Therapy: Miracle Medicine, by Mark Sloan
Cancer: The Metabolic Disease Unravelled, by Mark Sloan
Connecting With Mark Sloan
Sign up for Mark Sloan’s newsletter and get 3 free ebooks to help you get started on your journey towards supercharged metabolic health: https://endalldisease.com/6273540-2/
Subscribe to the Podcast Free: